What is a Sales Order? #
A sales Order is a document given by the supplier to the buyer against a Purchase Order by the buyer.
A sales order contains the buyer invoicing details, delivery details, products, quantities, pricing, tax, discounts, payment terms, payment details, shipping charges if any, and other notes.
Once the buyer agrees on the sales order, goods are shipped by the supplier.
Sale order has multiple statuses: Ordered, Partial, Completed
Enabling Sales Order #
To enable Sales Order, follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings -> Business Settings
- Sales tab -> Enable Sales Order
- Save it.
Creating sales order #
After Enabling a sales order, inside Sales you’ll find the Sales-Order menu.
Go to add sales order, fill in all the details and save it.
Stocks are not deducted for sales orders.
Once a sales order is created you can print it and send it to the buyer for approval.
Converting Sales Orders to Sales #
On approval of sales orders, you can create sales from the sales order.
- Go to Sales -> Add sales, and select the business location & Customer.
- Selecting it will populate the list of all sales orders related to the customer on the “Sales Order” dropdown.
- Select the Sales Order and it will auto-load the products for that order with the product’s price, tax, and discounts applied automatically as the sales order.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity.