Table of Contents
What is a Sales target? #
Sales target helps businesses to give target-based incentives/commissions to their employees or staff.
Using this business can define a different range of slab-based incentives.
- For sales from $0 to $1000, the commission percentage is 5%
- from $1001 to $5000, the commission percentage is 7%
- from $5001 to $10,000, the commission percentage is 9%
- from $10,000 to $10000000, the commission percentage is 12%
This helps businesses to boost sales because employees or salespeople work hard to achieve a much higher percentage of commission.
Adding sales target #
- Go to HRM -> Sales Target, click on ‘set sales target’
- In the popup, define the commission slab or target
- Here is a screenshot of the above example:
Calculating & Paying commissions to employees #
To pay commissions to employees for sales targets, you need to process the payroll.
In payroll processing, it will have a separate column for sales target commission. Check the screenshot below:
Calculates sales target on sales amount excluding taxes: #
By default sales target will get calculated on the amount including tax. To calculate it without tax go to HRM -> Settings -> Sales Target