Proforma Invoice / Quotation #
A proforma invoice is a document that is sent to a customer or buyer before a sale is confirmed or before a payment is made. It contains details such as the description, price, quantity, and shipping information of the goods or services to be delivered. It does not serve the function of a real invoice or a final bill for payment. It is a proposal, estimate, or quotation that shows the terms of the sale and the deliverables from the seller’s end. A proforma invoice is often used in international trade, especially for customs purposes on imports. It can also help the customer to decide whether to proceed with the order or not.
A proforma invoice is a document that gives the customer an idea of what the products and services will cost before they place an order. It is not a final invoice, but a preliminary one that may change depending on the actual delivery and terms of sale. To create a proforma invoice from Add Sale option, you need to follow these steps:
– Select the products and services you want to include in the proforma invoice and enter the quantity and price for each item.
– Choose the status as a proforma and enter any other details such as shipping costs, taxes, discounts, etc.
– Save the proforma invoice/Quotation and it will be added to the list drafts page.
– If you need to change the proforma invoice to Final Invoice just edit then change the status to final
– If you saved it as Quotation Select ‘Convert to proforma invoice’ from the action dropdown button on the list quotation page.
A proforma invoice is a useful tool to communicate with your customer and provide them with a clear and accurate estimate of the cost of your products and services.
A proforma invoice is an estimated invoice that is used to request payment from the buyer for goods or services before they are supplied.